Sunday, August 25, 2013

Support your local bike shop.

Local bike shops are going away because of the availability of parts over the internet.  I myself purchase parts over the internet as well but I usually get with a local shop to see if they can get it first.  Most shops will meet or beat the price just to keep the business local.  I always stop down and talk to Rob at K.N.R. Customs here in Fredericksburg, VA.  He has always treated me extremely well and helped me out when I needed it.  The Keihin carb that went on the 85 Virago was from there.  It was a pull-off carb from a customer bike, Rob gave me a great deal and threw in a rebuild kit on the house.  I have purchased numerous parts from him and I will continue to check there first when looking for parts.  He also does service and custom builds!

So check out your local bike shop and show your support.  Rob does a "Bike Day" the first Saturday of every month at the shop.  The FB page and website is below.




No comments:

Post a Comment