Friday, January 3, 2014

Chris got a new chop

Chris picked up this 1100 virago for a song. It looks very well kept but has a  bad igniter. Great find.
Check out this sweet paint job.
In an effort to recoupe the bucks he spent on his new chopper Chris decided to clean up some old take off and throw them on ebay.
Last time the FXR was brought out for a ride the starter was hanging up. Luckily it turned out to just be one bolt was loose.
Time to put in that secret sauce that makes the bike run smooth through the winter.
People often ask how we get bikes upstairs, well here it is, our Phil-evator.
We put in time yesterday on the heater but unfortunatly could not get running. So when the tough gets going the I get my cold ass in the house to rebuild some carbs.
When the carbs were being boiled I found a pin hole in one of the float bowls. I checked them on ebay and they were $25...Soooooo, time to do little repair to this one.
My last butane soldiering iron is on the fritz so I ran up and grabbed this one for $10 from harbor freight. For the price I am very happy with it's performance.
There is it. A patched up 43 year old float bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment